His fellow Tipp man Dave Foley is also in the province’s line-up for a second successive match while Darren Sweetnam has recovered from the knee injury he picked up on St Stephen’s Day and will start against the Welsh outfit.Munster are top of the table, one point ahead of second-placed Ospreys.
The hooker has a stomach bug but as of yet has not been ruled out of tomorrows’ match.A slow start cost Joe Schmidt’s side last week against Scotland but former Munster and Ireland forward Tipperary man Alan Quinlan doesn’t expect the same mistakes to be repeated this time around.Meanwhile, Ireland’s U20s face Italy in the Six Nations this evening – the match at the Stadio Enrico Chersoni in Prato begins at 6 o’clock.
The Rebel outfit beat the Tipp champions in the Munster final had too much again today It finished Upperchurch-Drombane: 0-12(12) Whitechurch: 2-16(22)
“Of course, it’s going to be tight and tough given the existing rivalry between both familiar sides.“We are prepared just waiting patiently for Match-day to unleash our whole weight on Enyimba.“We are quite hopeful that the clash will be different in term of result compared with past away results so far in the ongoing league.“Of course, we appreciate the fact that we are yet to claim three points on the road so far in the season but something tells me the search will end at Enyimba.“Everybody knows what is at stake more so as the encounter is coming on the heel of our home win against Sunshine Stars.“The Umuahia turf is a neutral ground for both sides and another incentive for us to go all out to challenge for the maximum points.“The match offers each side 50/50 opportunity to excel and I believe we will have a good song at the end of the duel,” said for former Enugu Rangers strongman to supersport.com.Heartland is 11th on the 20-team Nigerian top flight on 17 points from possible 39 in the 13-week old league.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram Heartland captain and centre back, Chinedu Efugh has said his side will end their search for three points on the road at champions and neighbours, Enyimba.The Naze Millionaires are guests of the People’s Elephant in today’s rescheduled Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) Match-day 6 Oriental Derby at the Umuahia Township Stadium.Efugh said the derby clash is predictably going to be tough but his side is prepared for the banters the Aba outfit will throw at them in the clash.
Giant killers Crown, who sent packing Rangers and Wikki, took the lead after 15 minutes, before Elu Wilson restored parity after 21 minutes.IfeanyiUbah, with their wealthy club owner watching from the stands, then took the lead in the 56th minute through a controversial penalty converted by Camerounian midfielder Tamen Medrano.An equaliser by Crown in 86th minute by Yakubu Ahmed, which appeared to be a good goal, was chalked off by the referee, who was subsequently attacked by angry fans.But after this disruption, play continued for ‘The Anambra Warriors’ IfeanyiUbah to shoot to thecup final.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram FEDERATION CUPFC IfeanyiUbah will play in the final of this year’s Nigeria Federation Cup after the Nnewi club defeated giant killers Crown FC 2-1 in Kaduna wednesday.The Anambra Warriors will slug it out with the winners of the second semifinal between Enyimba and Nasarawa United to be played today with the eventual winners of the cup representing Nigeria in next year’s CAF Confederation Cup.
Now that he has had an offseason to recover and regroup, we’ll get the answer to our next question: Was the second half of Djokovic’s 2016 a temporary slump, or was it the beginning of the long-term decline that the game’s greatest players have traditionally experienced as they move toward their 30s? Before turning 29, Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal combined to win 30 Slams; since turning 29, they’ve combined to win one. After Laver completed his Grand Slam in 1969, at age 31, he never won another major. Could Djokovic’s fall be as steep? I doubt it. He blamed some of his second-half struggles on personal issues, and there’s no reason not to believe him. More important, the last two times he surrendered the No. 1 ranking, to Federer in 2012 and Nadal in 2013, Djokovic wasted little time before taking it back. In both of those cases, having someone to chase re-energized Djokovic. Would you bet against it happening again in 2017?Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram Last June, as he fell to the clay in Court Philippe Chatrier after winning his first French Open, Novak Djokovic was the most dominant male tennis player in more than four decades. With that long-awaited victory, the world No. 1 had become the first man since Rod Laver in 1969 to hold all four major titles. Five years after taking over the No. 1 ranking, he had vanquished all of his rivals. The only question that remained, it seemed, was whether Djokovic would go on to become the greatest player in history. Even more ominous for the rest of the tour was the fact that, despite all of his accomplishments, he was still the second-youngest player in the ATP’s Top 10. Yes, Djokovic had turned 29 the previous month, but who was going to stop him from piling up as many Slam titles as he wanted over the next three, four, five, maybe 10 years?Four weeks later we found out the answer: It was Djokovic himself. With no rivals left, no immediate goals to achieve and expectations at an all-time high, he said the joy went out of the game for him. With it went his edge over everyone else. The new tone was set at Wimbledon, where unseeded American Sam Querrey sent Djokovic packing in the third round; it was the first time since 2009 that he had lost before the quarterfinals at a major. From there, Djokovic would go out in the first round at the Olympic Games, fail to defend his late-season titles in Shanghai, Paris and London, and lose his second straight major final to Stan Wawrinka, at the U.S. Open. Djokovic said he needed a rest, and he played like it.
PREMIERSHIPEvergreen Manchester United striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic yesterday likened himself to film character Benjamin Button after inspiring his team to a 3-0 victory at Premier League basement club SunderlandIbrahimovic, 35, opened the scoring with his 28th goal of the season and after Seb Larsson had been sent off for Sunderland, goals from Henrikh Mkhitaryan and Marcus Rashford completed victory.“I feel like Benjamin Button. I was born old and will die young,” Ibrahimovic said, citing the 2008 Brad Pitt film about a man who ages in reverse.In the day’s other game, league top scorer Romelu Lukaku took his tally to 23 goals with a brace as Everton ended Leicester City’s six-game winning run with an entertaining 4-2 victory.United extended their unbeaten record to 21 league games and climbed to fifth place in the table, four points below fourth-place Manchester City, who have played a game more.“The result was good,” said United manager Jose Mourinho, whose side will return to sixth place if Arsenal wins at Crystal Palace this evening.“We resisted the results of yesterday when Manchester City and Liverpool won. They left us in a position of ‘yes or no?’ It was ‘yes’.”United was without goalkeeper David de Gea due to a minor hip injury, with Sergio Romero deputising, but Mourinho expects the Spaniard to be fit for the visit of leaders Chelsea next Sunday.Ibrahimovic broke the deadlock on the half hour at the Stadium of Light, fending off Billy Jones and whipping a low shot past Jordan Pickford from 20 yards for his 18th goal of the league campaign.Sunderland then lost Larsson to a furiously contested straight red card after referee Craig Pawson decided the Swede’s challenge on Ander Herrera had been unduly reckless.The hosts’ hopes of a comeback evaporated within 46 seconds of kick-off in the second half as Luke Shaw fed Mkhitaryan to drill a low, angled shot beyond Pickford’s dive. Substitute Rashford completed the scoring late on, exchanging passes with Ibrahimovic and arrowing a low drive into the bottom left corner.United plays Anderlecht in Brussels on Thursday in the first leg of their Europa League quarterfinal.Sunderland has lost six and drawn one of the last seven games and now lies 10 points adrift of safety, relegation to the Championship looming closer with each passing week.“Today the result was helped by the referee,” said Sunderland manager David Moyes, the former United boss.“Manchester United played well, but the red card was a decision that went against us.“We keep going. We have another home game next Saturday (against West Ham United) and we have to try and win it.”Everton drew level with sixth-place Arsenal, having played three more games, after thwarting Leicester manager Craig Shakespeare’s quest for a sixth successive league win and seventh in total.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram
“Tentatively, Dolphin Swimming League would kick-off on December 9, with the participating schools expected to present two swimmers in each category. The 10 best swimmers, which would be judged by their returning time, are expected to go on training in the United Kingdom,” Ojigbede said.Meanwhile, initiator of Dolphins Swimming League, Oluseyi Oyebode, has promised that DSL would not be a one off event, saying it is based on strong basic structure.“With DSL, itâ€™s a new dawn in swimmingÂ in Lagos and it would never be the same again,” Oyebode assured.â€œThe maiden edition of the league will involve the topmost private primary and secondary schools in Lagos. The league will be held in all participating schools before a winner emerges. Arrangements have been made for the best swimmers from the league to participate at international swimming meets in England,â€ Oyebode said.Interestingly, Lagos State government and the Swimming Federation have promised technical support for league,According to the President of the Nigeria Aquatics Federation, Babatunde Fatai-Williams, the federation is ready to support the programme fully and the organizers of the league must be commended for initiating the tournament while assuring of the federation support.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram As part of efforts at reviving swimming in Nigeria, Advanta Interactive Global limited in conjunction with Dynaspro Promotions limited has come up with Dolphin Swimming League, to be competed by first tier private primary and secondary schools.At a press conference held at the Lagos Preparatory School, Ikoyi, to herald the competition, the Managing Director, Advanta Initiative- marketing firm of the tournament, Efe Ojigbede, said the whole idea was to keep swimming alive in the country.“We want to keep swimming alive in Nigeria. Coaches would be brought from abroad to impact on the local coaches and pupils.
Udinese was reported to have offered a €3.3million bid for the defender who turns 25 years old next month.The 24 year old centre-half who was heavily linked with a move to Stade Rennais in France joined Bursaspor from Gent in 2017 and made 32 appearances and scored two goals.Troost-Ekong moved to Bursaspor a year ago for €1m after previously playing for Tottenham Hotspur, Groningen, Dordrecht, KAA Gent and Haugesund.Troost Ekong represented Holland at Under-19 and Under-21 levels but eventually chose to represent Nigeria at senior level. He has chalked up 24 senior caps for Super Eagles and has scored one goal.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram Super Eagles central defender, William Troost-Ekong, has completed moves to switch to Italian Serie A club, Udinese.Bursaspor announced Ekong’s departure from Turkey with a farewell message on the club’s official Twitter handle yesterday. The defender played 33 times and scored three goals for the Turkish club.“Thank you @WTroostEkong ,” a tweet from Bursaspor’s official Twitter handle reads.
Last Updated: 5th August, 2020 22:54 IST Club Pros At PGA See COVID-related Surge In Golf Back Home As one of the 20 club pros making a start at the PGA Championship this week, Rob Labritz finds himself in possession of one of the most coveted tee times in golf. Written By COMMENT LIVE TV As one of the 20 club pros making a start at the PGA Championship this week, Rob Labritz finds himself in possession of one of the most coveted tee times in golf.Getting on the tee sheet back at his home course isn’t so easy these days, either.Labritz is the director of golf at the exclusive Glenarbor Golf Club in Westchester County, New York. It has always been the kind of place where members simply show up and play — no reservation needed. But with the spike in play that’s been triggered by the COVID-19 pandemic, Glenarbor is presently taking tee times to lend a sense of order to an increasingly crowded course.ADVERTISEMENT“I’m seeing members I haven’t seen in 10 or 12 years,” Labritz said.It’s the same story seemingly everywhere in America, from local munis to posh country clubs to places like Harding Park in San Francisco, this week’s host of the PGA, which is open to the public (except for this week).Golf has emerged as one of the handful of relatively safe, outdoor activities that can be enjoyed despite the coronavirus, so long as the players wear masks inside the clubhouse, keep their distance on the course, keep the flagstick in, and remember to forgo the celebratory high fives and post-round handshakes.Rounds played across the country in May were up 6% over May 2019, according to the National Golf Foundation. Rounds in June were up nearly 14%. The widespread closure of courses in March and April caused a staggering $1 billion loss in golf revenue (not counting retail and restaurant business), according to NGF. But if the current trends continue, 2020 could end up producing about 2% more rounds played than 2019 — a stat made more impressive because most warm-weather courses lost more than two months of play when the pandemic first hit.“Awesome for me,” is how Labritz describes it. “I have a passion for getting people hooked on the game so they can play it. I love seeing it boom. I love seeing members’ kids who are 10 years older than when I last saw them, and getting them back into it.”This week’s PGA, now taking place in the second weekend of August instead of the third weekend of May, marks that unique spot on the golf calendar where touring pros mingle with the guys who work the pro shops and help keep the sport running at the club level. For most of these 20 players, life is different these days — more daily players on the course, not as many outside“For a while there, I was basically doing curbside service,” said Jason Caron, the head pro at the Mill River Club on the Gold Coast of Long Island. “If someone said they need a dozen balls and a hat, I’d basically go in and bring it out to them.”While so much of the American economy is hurting, golf is seeing a COVID-19-related resurgence that has reversed what had been a slow, steady decline.In 2005, when Tiger Woods was in his prime and the economy was humming, there were around 30 million golfers in the U.S., according to NGF . That number dropped to about 26.1 million in 2010, the start of the recovery from the Great Recession. In 2018, that number was down to 24 million. An average of around 200 golf courses per year are closing, a number that far outstrips the number being built by land developers who put up houses around new courses by the thousands in the 1990s and early 2000s.In more recent years, a game that Woods helped bring to a huge new audience was increasingly being thought of as too time-consuming, too expensive, too difficult and, in many cases, too shuttered off from minorities and kids.But this spring, as America shut down its malls, gyms, restaurants, movie theaters and even its office buildings, golf started getting a fresh look from people who hadn’t thought about it in years.“A lot of people look around and say, ‘there’s nothing else to do, might as well dust off the clubs and let’s go play golf,’” Caron said. “They’re outside, they’re with their friends. They can still have a beer afterward, outside on the patio.”This week, Caron and his 19 compatriots are leaving the tee times and the golf shop to the rest of the staff so they could make the trip to San Francisco for the first major of 2020 — a trip most club pros can only dream of.With the normal qualifying tournament scrubbed due to the virus, the PGA chose the top 20 on its 2019 Player of the Year list for the trip to San Francisco. For Caron, who spent time on the PGA Tour in the early 2000s, this marks a back-to-back trip to the major. He’s preparing for quite a different experience from his debut, at Bethpage Black last year: No fans. Lots of masks. Lots of hand washing and social distancing.“I think it’s going to take out some of the nerves,” Caron said. “Not playing in front of people, it’ll feel more like playing in your three-ball game with two other guys back at home.”Not to worry. When he returns to New York, he’ll see people. Plenty of them. At Mill River these days, it’s nonstop tee times from 7 a.m. to noon on Saturdays. Weekdays are busier, too, as people who haven’t returned to their offices in the city sneak out for “Emergency Nines” and such. Same thing at Glenarbor, where Labritz works.“I just have to be super careful, wash my hands like 27,000 times a day, lots of hand sanitizer,” he said. “And now when I teach a lesson, I just ask: ‘Are you healthy? Have you had COVID?’ It’s all just a sign of the times.” WATCH US LIVE Associated Press Television News First Published: 5th August, 2020 22:54 IST SUBSCRIBE TO US FOLLOW US