Man City midfielder Sterling: I’m no complete player – yetby Paul Vegas10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveManchester City midfielder Raheem Sterling says it’s too soon to be compared with the game’s greats.Sterling admits he needs to perform consistently at the elite level of the game to regarded among the best.He told 360 Sport: “To be compared to some of the best players in the world you have to be winning the biggest and best competitions, that’s the Premier League, the Champions League, and also stuff for your country. So, until that day you can’t think that’s it. You have to be aiming for that.“I feel I’ve got a long way to go to be the complete player. I feel I will be a complete player when I win the Premier League again, the Champions League and everything else.“That’s the level you have got to get to when you are playing at the highest level. Just scoring goals ain’t enough, it’s about scoring goals to win the biggest competitions.“The Champions League is one for sure. It’s still early in the season, but if we want to be among the best teams in the world, these are the things you have to do and win, compete on those aspects.“Everything is set up perfectly here to win things. You have got one of the best [training] facilities in the world, best managers in the world and great players around you. So what more do you need than that?” About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say
TagsTransfersLoan MarketAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Southampton goalkeeper Kingsley Latham extends Dorchester loanby Paul Vegas10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveSouthampton goalkeeper Kingsley Latham has extended his loan with Dorchester to the end of the season.The deal has been rubberstamped by the Southern League and the FA so Latham is eligible for the Magpies’ trip to Taunton Town.Latham’s initial loan spell was announced in August of last year, and has kept six clean sheets in his time with the Magpies so far.Ollie Griggs, who returned to the Magpies from a loan spell at Winchester after Tuesday, will also be eligible for the Taunton match.
Liverpool star Salah ‘must rest’ insists Egypt coach El Badryby Freddie Taylor21 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveEgypt coach Hossam El Badry believes that his star player Mohamed Salah needs rest.The Liverpool winger is set to miss the nation’s friendly against Botswana during the upcoming international period.And El Badry knows he must take the long term health of the player into consideration when deciding on his line up.”I agreed with him that it is in his best interests and those of the national team that he rests,” El Badry told local channel MBC Masr.”He won’t be with us at the training camp for Botswana, but God willing, he will be with us for the official matches.” About the authorFreddie TaylorShare the loveHave your say
Man Utd boss Solskjaer: Right call to offload Alexis and Lukakuby Paul Vegas8 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveManchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer says he has no regrets offloading Alexis Sanchez and Romelu Lukaku.He insists sending the pair to Inter Milan was the best decision for all concerned.Solskjaer told Sky Sports: “In one-off games, you think we could’ve had a number of extra players with experience. Alexis and Rom are goalscorers and good players, but at the moment, we made those decisions and they were the right decisions.”That’s the only way you’ve got to look at it. All the players here want to give everything for the club and for the shirt – that’s a big thing.”Every day that they come in training, and every day that they put the shirt on, they’re going to give everything that they have. So you can’t really say, ‘oh I wish I didn’t do that’.”Giving a couple of the lads the chance to show themselves, maybe it was a little bit too early for a few of them. But Mason Greenwood has stepped in and scored a couple in the midweek games, so it’s a great experience for them.”We know we haven’t had the results that we wanted, but I wouldn’t have kept the players we sold. It was the right decision.” TagsTransfersAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say
Former Kansas football player Brandon Bourbon, who had been missing since the night of April 2, was found dead Friday, according to 13 News WIBW.Former @KU_Football and @WU_Football player Brandon Bourbon found dead. https://t.co/cVfsNOFvVB pic.twitter.com/eIuyhlCRZW— WIBW (@wibw) April 9, 2016According to the Maries County Sheriff’s Office, Bourbon’s body was discovered on a secluded riverfront property, just north of Vienna, Missouri. The sheriff’s office revealed the cause of death to be suicide.Bourbon was a member of Kansas’ football team from 2010-2013 before missing his senior season with an injury. As a junior, Bourbon started all 12 games for the Jayhawks and was named to the Academic All-Big 12 First Team. His former Kansas teammate Ben Heeney posted this tribute to Twitter following the tragic news. Rest in peace to my best friend, my brother, my beard bro. U affected so many lives Brandon. I love u more than you know. @BeastmodeBourb— Ben Heeney (@henbeeney) April 9, 2016Our thoughts are with Bourbon’s friends and family during this difficult time. [13 News]
Manchester United interim boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has set a new club record in the Premier League as his perfect start to life on the bench continues.The Norwegian has been a breath of fresh air around Old Trafford since taking over from Jose Mourinho in December, revitalising a team that had been short of confidence and consistency.Having starred at United as a player, he received a stunning welcome back to the club in his first match with a 5-1 win over Cardiff. Article continues below Editors’ Picks ‘There is no creativity’ – Can Solskjaer get Man Utd scoring freely again? ‘Everyone legged it on to the pitch!’ – How Foden went from Man City superfan to future superstar Emery out of jail – for now – as brilliant Pepe papers over Arsenal’s cracks What is Manchester United’s ownership situation and how would Kevin Glazer’s sale of shares affect the club? The Red Devils went on to win their next five games since that auspicious debut, a run that includes victory in the FA Cup third round over Reading and which clinched Solskjaer the distinction of overseeing the most successful start ever from a United manager . Now, thanks to Saturday’s 2-1 win over Brighton , the former striker also holds that record in the league.Paul Pogba and Marcus Rashford both hit in the first half for the hosts to put them in a commanding position.And while Pascal Gross pulled one back for the Seagulls, it was not enough to deny Solskjaer yet another victory.With six straight wins in the Premier League he has now overtaken the late Sir Matt Busby, who won his first five First Division matches upon taking over at the club in 1945.6 – Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is the first ever @ManUtd manager to win their first six league games in charge of the club. Historic. #MUNBHA pic.twitter.com/keaKcecLff — OptaJoe (@OptaJoe) 19 de enero de 2019 That winning streak, moreover, has transformed a season which as recently as six weeks ago looked set to finish in mediocrity.United’s win sends the club into fifth place, ahead of Arsenal and just three points shy of Chelsea and the Champions League qualification spots.Their current position, however, will change once the two London clubs meet in Saturday’s later kick-off at the Emirates Stadium. Check out Goal’s Premier League 2019-20 fantasy football podcast for game tips, debate and rivalries.
Twitter/@CoachBrianKellyWhoever runs Brian Kelly’s Twitter account has some explaining to do Sunday morning.To be clear – Notre Dame head coach Brian Kelly probably does not run his own Twitter account. College football head coaches don’t have much free time, so they have staff members take care of things like social media. At least, we think that’s the case. Either way, Kelly’s account is making headlines on Sunday morning.Near the end of Notre Dame’s loss to Michigan State on Saturday night, Kelly was shown on screen screaming at defensive coordinator Brian VanGorder. Sunday morning, Kelly’s Twitter account has apparently “liked” a post suggesting VanGorder be fired.As-of 11:20 a.m. ET, it’s still there. Have a look: Twitter/@CoachBrianKellyWe were alerted to the post by Sports Illustrated’s Brian Hamilton.Among other issues, Notre Dame coach Brian Kelly probably wants to address who does his Twitter likes. pic.twitter.com/ib4nNvx1Nk— Brian Hamilton (@BrianHamiltonSI) September 18, 2016Kelly’s frustration on Saturday night was apparent – but we doubt he pulled the trigger here. Regardless, fans have to be wondering if changes are coming in South Bend.
GLENDALE, AZ – JANUARY 01: Head coach Urban Meyer of the Ohio State Buckeyes on the sidelines during the BattleFrog Fiesta Bowl against the Notre Dame Fighting Irish at University of Phoenix Stadium on January 1, 2016 in Glendale, Arizona. (Photo by Christian Petersen/Getty Images)New documents regarding Ohio State’s investigation into head coach Urban Meyer and his handling of domestic violence allegations against former assistant coach Zach Smith were released today.The new documents don’t appear to reveal any pertinent new information, but they do provide more context for everything that was going on.You can view the full summary of the new release here.Included in the new documents is an anonymous tip Ohio State received about Smith in August.Here’s the email Ohio State received:On Aug. 19, OSU investigators got an anonymous tip from someone describing how Zach Smith blew off the treatment program where he was sent in 2015. pic.twitter.com/hRe9vizObV— Stewart Mandel (@slmandel) August 28, 2018Ohio State fired Zach Smith this past July.Urban Meyer has received a three-game suspension as a result of the investigation. Athletic director Gene Smith received a two-week suspension.Correction: An earlier version of this post said Ohio State received the anonymous tip in 2015. The tip was received in August 2018 but it concerned events in 2015.
SALT LAKE CITY, UT – NOVEMBER 11: General view of a Utah Utes football helmet during the Utes game at Rice-Eccles Stadium on November 11, 2017 in Salt Lake City, Utah. (Photo by Gene Sweeney Jr/Getty Images)For Utah, Saturday’s loss to Arizona State did more than put their PAC-12 title hopes in jeopardy. In losing the game, the Utes also lost starting QB Tyler Huntley to a season-ending injury.According to a report by ESPN, Huntley sustained a broken collarbone in the third quarter against Arizona State. The injury will effectively end his season. At the time, Huntley had to be carted off the field.Huntley was replaced by QB Jason Shelley, but the team couldn’t muster much offense with him.Utah were held to just three points the rest of the game after Huntley went down. The Sun Devils, meanwhile, ran away with the game, scoring 17 points in the fourth quarter for a 38-20 win.Tyler Huntley carted off the field, looking very upset. Hate to see injuries in this rough game.— Jordan Simone (@JordanSimone38) November 3, 2018The loss sent the Utes to 6-3 on the season but 4-3 in conference games. They hold wins over USC and Arizona, the two closest teams in the PAC-12 South standings.Utah’s remaining games are against Oregon, Colorado, and BYU.If the Utes can win just two of those games, it might be enough to send them to the PAC-12 championship game.
ATHENS, GA – SEPTEMBER 16: Mecole Hardman #4 of the Georgia Bulldogs takes the field before the game against the Samford Bulldogs at Sanford Stadium on September 16, 2017 in Athens, Georgia. (Photo by Scott Cunningham/Getty Images)Mecole Hardman Jr. was a five-star member of Georgia football’s 2016 recruiting class. While the Dawgs are extremely run-focused under Kirby Smart, Hardman has made an impact.In the last two seasons, he’s hauled in 59 passes for 947 yards and 10 touchdowns. He’s also an accomplished kick returner, and made second-team All-SEC thanks to that effort.The numbers aren’t gaudy, but Jake Fromm has opened it up a bit more in the last few weeks. He also has serious measurables that will help him whenever that NFL Draft decision comes.While there has been some speculation that he could try his hand at the 2019 Draft, it might make sense for Hardman to come back to Athens add to his resume.Mecole Hardman recently sent out a cryptic tweet, and Georgia football fans are hoping it means he’ll spend another year at school.From Thursday evening:It’s still money to be made 4️⃣? pic.twitter.com/6hQuaSC75J— Mecole Hardman Jr. (@MecoleHardman4) December 13, 2018It is impossible to know exactly what he means but the easiest interpretation is probably that he intends to return. Or it could be nothing.Don’t tell UGA fans that.Please? Yes? Bowman Boy is back!!!????!!!— Kevin Cheej (@wheezymedic) December 13, 2018Let’s freakin go #GoDawgs #DGD— UGANative??⚫️ #BeatTexas (@UGANative) December 14, 2018Coming back for Senior year?!— ?? (@rabdaawg) December 13, 2018Heisman 2019 boom!— lee wells (@leeswells) December 14, 2018You’re just catching the national exposure , gonna turn their heads next year even more !— OkefenokeElvis (@OkefenokeVince) December 14, 2018We’ll probably hear something more definitive from Hardman as we get closer to the Sugar Bowl. Georgia faces Texas on January 1.